The Taiwan Advantage
Road Cycling Training Camp
All-Inclusive | Inspirational | 9 Days
Train, eat, experience
Days of Riding - 6 (with optional rest days)
Daily Average Ride Distance - 48 miles
Daily Vertical Gain - 500 feet - 15,000 (avg. 5000)
Average Temperatures - 60-75 degrees Fahrenheit
Total Number of Trip Days - 9 (including arrival/departure)
Riding Style - paved, mountain, coastal, inspirational
Accommodations - 3-star or higher
Meals - local, cultural, delicious, unique
Trip Locations - Taipei, Taroko National Park (Taiwan KOM), Yang Ming Shan, North Coast, Hualien, Northern Traverse, East Coast
Advantages of Sig's Rides
We care about you, we share your passion
Highly trained guides (coaches & interpreters)
Local knowledge & experience (We live here!)
Above & beyond personal service
We understand what you need for a great riding trip
Trusted & worldwide reputation
Advantages of Taiwan
Technical and breathtaking roads & environment
Ideal for winter training
Challenge yourself on the Taiwan KOM
Interesting culture and caring people of the world's first Mandarin speaking democracy
Fine cuisine & traditional foods
Perfect mix of training, culture, nature, uniqueness
Taipei - Taiwan KOM Route (Taroko) - Hualian - North & East Coast - Wuling
When Can I go?
You Choose Your Own Dates!
Sign up with a group of six people or more and choose any dates that work for your group! Tell us your ideal dates. If there isn't already a conflicting tour scheduled, we'll accommodate and customize for you! Click the button below to email Sig your requested dates.
What Can I Expect?
- World-class riding that is relatively undiscovered
- An intensely rewarding week of riding, exploration, & experience
- Daily ride distance of 20-100 miles
- Daily ride elevation gain of 500 - 15,000 feet
- Ideal weather for winter training, riding and relaxation
- SAG & Mechanical support
-Nutrition supplied during rides
- Luggage delivery to all destinations
- Professional guides and staff taking care of you, on and off the bike
- Translation Mandarin Chinese/English
- 7 days of riding (always options to rest)
- Options to recover with massage, hot springs, great cuisine and socializing
- Clean & comfortable accommodations
- Riding coastal and mountain roads (sea level - 10,000')
- Delicious, cultural and local cuisine
- Paved-road riding
- Experience of the misunderstood & loving culture of Taiwan
- Bubble tea recovery drinks
What Am I Getting?
We make this easy for you; once you arrive, you don't have to plan or worry about a thing. Just focus on your riding and enjoy experiencing the surroundings. Everything needed is included in the price. Even a SIM card for your cell phone (with unlimited data) is included so that you can reach your family and friends.
Included in Price:
- A unique experience (Taiwan is a treasure!)
- Professional, experienced guides
- Routes chosen by local, experienced riders
- All accommodations, arrival to departure (shared room)
- All meals
- Nutrition & hydration on rides
- Translators (Mandarin/English)
- SAG vehicle support on every ride
- All transportation including airport pick up and drop off
- Mechanical support (including bike build and re-pack)
- Logistics & routes to accommodate various riding goals
- Sharing culture & gaining understanding of one another
- Cell phone SIM Card with unlimited data
- Sig's Rides Pre-Trip Gift Pack
- Gift to commemorate your trip
"If you get a chance, schedule a trip with Gerry and Yumi at Sig's Rides. We are already looking forward to our next trip with them."
- Rob, Camarillo, CA
Not Included in Price:
- Massage (but we will help coordinate)
- Food purchases in between provided meals
- Bike rental (we have various models available)
Choose Your Bike
Most riders bring their own bike. We will help you assemble it upon arrival and pack it for departure.
Prefer to rent while you're here? We can provide a variety of bikes and components of different levels. Email us here to tell us you'd like to be matched up with the right bike.
If you like your alone time after a day of riding, request your own room in all accommodations!
Frequently Asked Questions
Why go to Taiwan?
Taiwan is special and misunderstood. Taiwan has incredible mountain ranges, is covered in technical riding, lovely people and culture. Most people don't realize it is ideal for a winter training camp. It has the famous Taiwan KOM route and bubble tea was created here, and it has so much more!
What makes Sig's Rides' trips different?
We include everything and make it simple for you. No fine print or tricks. From the moment you land until you take off, everything is taken care of and included in the price. Also, Taiwan is unique and relatively unknown (that is going to change).
How are the routes chosen?
We live in Taiwan in the winter and Colorado in the summer. Riding and exploring these zones are our passions. We're involved in local clubs and advocacy groups. We build the routes and logistics around the goal of giving you the best riding experience of your life, regardless of skill level. We've traveled the world to ride and race and can confidently tell you this place must be experienced.
Can I rent a bike?
Yes, if you prefer not to bring your own bike. we work with a few partners to supply the level of bike you prefer. We'll discuss with you to match you with the right bike for the right price.
How high is Taiwan's elevation?
Most accommodations will be near sea level. We will ride on some roads as high as 10k'.
Should I worry about not being able to speak Mandarin?
Don't worry at all! We speak both English and Mandarin and will support you with translation every step of the way.
What if I can't complete the routes?
Don't worry! These routes are designed to allow you to push yourself and reach challenging goals you set, but whenever needed, the SAG vehicle, rest, food, hydration and mechanical support are ready to support you and give you a ride.
Is this tour guided?
Yes. This tour is fully-guided and supported. You'll be well-taken care of by our team.
Will we climb the famous Taiwan KOM route?
Yep! You'll have your chance to conquer the Taroko Gorge climbe to Wuling. We'll support you the whole way.
Is Taiwan a democracy?
Yes. They have their own freely elected officials, currency, laws, and culture.
Do you offer travelers insurance?
No, but we can provide you information for a company that does.
Which airport should I fly into?
TPE - Taipei Taoyuan International Airport.
How much do flights to Taiwan cost?
$500-$800 is a typical roundtrip price from the US.
Do you need a visa to travel to Taiwan?
Most travelers to not need a visa (US, Canada, UK, Aus, NZ).
Is the $500 deposit refundable?
Yes. Your $500 deposit to hold your spot is 100% refundable if your plans change.
$500 to reserve your spot
50% of total due 180 days before trip start
100% of total due 60 days before trip start
We accept Visa, Mastercard, Amex, and Discover credit cards. We can also accommodate other forms of payments. Email Gerry Sig at to request alternative payment methods.
Have a question? Don't wait, email us your question now.